Anyone who loves candles from Bath & Body Works knows about Candle Day. After all, it’s the retailer’s biggest three-wick candle sale of the year. This event typically takes place on a Friday eight days after Thanksgiving, which will be here before you know it!
To help you make Candle Day 2023 the best one yet, we’re highlighting what you need to know about this big sale. Keep reading to learn everything from how to prepare for Bath & Body Works Candle Day to what to expect this year.
What makes Candle Day so special?
Bath & Body Works Candle Day holds a special place in many shopper’s hearts because it’s a time to save big on a wide variety of candle fragrances. Specifically, Candle Day shoppers can expect the following:
- Being able to choose from 150+ scents that range from the classics to holiday favorites.
- Paying around $10 per candle, which is a savings of $15 to $17 for each candle you buy.
Additionally, Bath & Body Works is known for featuring dozens of never-before-smelled candles on Candle Day. Some of these scents are exclusive to the event, making them especially sought-after by home fragrance enthusiasts.
When is Bath & Body Works Candle Day 2023?
Bath & Body Works hasn’t officially announced the start date for Candle Day. However, we have an idea of when the sale will start based on the trends from previous years.
Candle Day famously occurs in early December, typically eight days after Thanksgiving. For example, this savings event happened on Friday, Dec. 2 in 2022. Based on this information, we predict that Candle Day 2023 will start on Friday, Dec. 1.
As for how long this sale lasts, Bath & Body Works Candle Day typically runs for two days. However, there’s a chance it will be a three-day event in 2023.
How much do candles cost on Candle Day?
Bath & Body Works also hasn’t announced how much a candle will cost on Candle Day 2023, but we can make another prediction based on historical data.
The price of a candle during this annual Bath & Body Works sale has varied slightly over the years due to inflation and other factors. It was $9.95 in 2020, $10.25 in 2021 and $9.95 in 2022.
Looking at the prices in previous years leads us to believe that a candle will cost around $10 ($9.95) on Bath & Body Works Candle Day 2023.
How can you prepare for Bath & Body Works Candle Day 2023?
Candle Day only happens once a year, so you want to make the most of it. Thankfully, we have some tips that can help you enjoy the sweet smell of both candles and shopping success.
- Make room in your candle closet: Bath & Body Works will be busting out seasonal scents, old favorites and brand-new fragrances, so you’ll want to set aside extra storage space. Sign up for free Rewards: My Bath & Body Works Rewards members get a full day of early access (both online and in stores) to the candle deals, so you’ll want to join this free program.
- Decide how you want to shop: You can enjoy Candle Day 2023 by shopping online or in a store. If you shop online, you can have your order shipped or take advantage of the “Buy Online, Pick Up in Store” option. Also, for the first time in Candle Day history, you can opt to buy now and pay later.
- Set your alarm clock: If you’re planning to shop in a store, many of them will open at 5:00 a.m. local time, so you’ll want to plan to go to bed early and have a coffee ready in the morning.
- Shop strategically: Bath & Body Works limits shoppers to 18 candles per order. That means you’ll either want to be selective about the candles you choose (or plan to get back in line to place a second order).
These tips can help you bring home your best Candle Day haul yet, and if you want the latest information about sales and deals from your favorite retailers, stick with BlackFriday.com. We’ll highlight everything you need to know to save big during the holidays and beyond.